Taking care of your baby is definitely one of the most important things you need to consider once you become a new parent. There are a few things you need to consider to make sure your child gets all the attention.
1. Make sure you feed your baby properly. Deciding whether to breastfeed or bottle-feed your baby depends largely on your personal decision and what your doctor recommends. However, breastfeeding has been shown to remain the best way to feed newborns. There are many benefits that can be obtained through breastfeeding. Several medical studies have determined that breastfed babies have less hypersensitivity later in life compared to those who are bottle-fed. This is mainly because breast milk is known to contain enzymes and natural antibodies that can help strengthen a baby’s immunity to defects. In addition, some doctors also believe that breast milk is responsible for super intelligence during all its growth / development.
2. Practical tips to help baby sleep. Sleep is very important for children because it directly affects the mental and physical development of the child. Newborns sleep up to 17 and 18 hours a day. Parents should understand that a baby’s sleep cycle can be very irregular. You may notice over the course of a few weeks that your baby may only sleep from about 30 minutes to 3 hours, and this can vary over 24 periods. But by week six, you will see some signs of improvement as your baby’s sleep pattern becomes more structured. Newborns show signs of drowsiness by crying or rubbing their eyes. Newborns should fall asleep as soon as they feel sleepy. If you don’t sleep much at night, it’s best to sleep when your baby sleeps during the day if possible.
3. How to wash a newborn baby properly. Newborn babies do not need to be bathed every day. Shower two to three times a week. Wash your baby with a sponge bath. This was inevitable at first. Bathing the baby in the bath is only possible after the baby’s umbilical cord has been removed to avoid infection.
4. Maintain your baby’s skin care perfectly. Newborns have soft and silky skin. For this reason, you should use products specially formulated for children. But before buying any product for children, it is better to consult a pediatrician. Most babies get a rash from time to time and this is normal. However, if your child seems angry because of the rash or fever, you should consult your pediatrician immediately.
5. When to give drugs to children. Like everyone else, newborns sometimes have special needs that require attention. When giving medicine to your child, it is important that you follow your pediatrician’s advice. You need to know how to give the right dose according to your doctor’s prescription. Sometimes it is advisable to start the child with a small dose to make sure there is no adverse reaction to the drug.
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only and is not intended to replace advice provided by health care professionals.