Salmon Recipe In Oven – This healthy baked salmon is the best way to feed a crowd. There’s no skillet cooking at all—everything is oven-baked in foil, making prep and cleanup a breeze. We believe it might just be the best baked salmon recipe…ever. Serve this baked salmon with any of your favourite veggies. We love it with roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
How much salmon should I buy?
Salmon Recipe In Oven. Although it looks massive, you’re still buying a fillet; you won’t be slicing it yourself, but you may have to ask the fishmonger to do it. If you think people will be hungry, aim for about ½ pound per individu, keeping in mind that salmon can be surprisingly filling. Also remember that how big the meat is will affect the baking time. For a 3-pound fillet, it’ll take around 25 minutes.
What’s the best tipe of salmon to buy?
Our advice is to get the highest quality that you can afford. We encourage you to refer to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch for best practices when it comes to buying salmon.
How long do I cook salmon?
The bagus tempertaure for salmon is 145°. The thickest part should flake easily with a fork when it is done. At 350° a large piece of salmon should take about 25 minutes to bake in the oven.
Why the bed of lemons?
For this recipe, we created a bed of lemon slices to infuse the fish with a citrusy freshness. The only downside is that the skin won’t get super-crispy. If seared skin is hebat priority for you, we recommend something along the lines of this skillet glazed lemon salmon instead.
Do I need to precook the glaze?
Another easy way to make things more interesting is a glaze. And no, there’s no need to cook it down beforehand because it’ll thicken and caramelize in the oven. Just whisk together the melted butter, honey, garlic, and thyme, and brush (or pour) it over the salmon.
Can I adapt this recipe?
If everything sounds amazing to you, but you’re missing 1 or 2 ingredients, don’t fret. It’s infinitely adaptable! The honey can be replaced with brown sugar, olive oil can be used instead of butter, and rosemary is just as delicious as thyme. And in our penilaianon, red pepper flakes are always a good idea.
More baked salmon inspiration:
– Baked Pineapple Salmon
– Baked Greek Salmon
– Lemon Baked Parmesan Salmon
– Keto Baked Salmon
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
Salmon recipe in oven
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 3 lb.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray. To the center of the foil, lay lemon slices in an even layer.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper and place on hebat of lemon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, honey, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Pour over salmon then fold up foil around the salmon. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Switch the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes, or until the butter mixture has thickened.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.